If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site


You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

Follow Us

Health Certificates

Traveling with Your Pet

Travelling with Your PetIf you like to travel with your pet to other states or countries, you will need a national or international health certificate. These certificates document the health of your pet and certify that he or she has been properly vaccinated. If you do not have this form of documentation it is very likely your pet could be quarantined for an extended period of time or you may not be able to take your trip.

In general, national and international travel pet certificates are only valid for a certain period of time, must be filled out within a specific time frame prior to when you travel, and require different forms depending on your destination.

The doctors at Springtown Veterinary Hospital are accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to examine your pet and complete the documents required for domestic and international travel. In this heightened time of security, it has become much more difficult to travel with your pets, and we encourage you to contact us to discuss what is required to reach your destination. Some countries require extensive procedures prior to admission. We encourage you to plan ahead.

We can help you understand what you will need and advise you on how to safely travel with your pet by air, car, etc. We also can provide you with valuable recommendations for other travel concerns.